Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day

With the wedding, the honeymoon, hayden moving in, unpacked gifts, long work days, and busy weekends, our messy little town house was becoming kinda depressing. i like to picture my life in cartoons, and in this case i picture a little house overflowing with clothes and things popping out of windows and cracks until it explodes open. did that paint a good picture? anyway, after much stalling and negativity about the appearance of the home front, erika gave me a special gift that provided some much needed motivation so i could feel better about our place.
Monday was officially declared Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day. It is a special line of cleaning products that makes everything smell nice, is gentle and really easy to use. It was just the ticket. I cleaned from 9 a.m until 7 p.m. with a few breaks in between. I can proudly say that things really took shape and I had the biggest feeling of accomplishment at the end of that day. it is not like me to let things go that out of hand. i love organization, tidiness, efficiency, functionality and of course, cozyness, in a home. add that to a ridiculous fear of bugs moving in and you've got yourself a pretty clean place. but that was not the case recently. thanks friend for the push. it worked.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Glad that your cleaning day went so well, I think I need to do one of those at my house soon too! Always nice to have a really clean house. Hope you have a good week!

Ben Grant said...

"i love organization, tidiness, efficiency, functionality and of course, cozyness, in a home."

I can tell, having lived with Hayden for 3 years, he loves those thing too...

Seriously though, you remember Waterloo...what a train wreck.

Unknown said...

I love it, you were our little dorm mascot!! Our little night owl!! Miss you!!