Thursday, July 10, 2008

love today

i have been gone from this world long enough. i have not wanted to blog until i could post some photos, but i thought an update of some kind was in order. since the last time i blogged, a ton of things have happened. i will go into more detail on those things in the posts to come. for now, some thoughts.

hayden and i have transitioned easily into married life. it was a natural next step for us after all this time, and although i anticipated a great deal of change, things feel pretty normal. we have such a wonderful friendship and respect for each other. he has blown me away with his sweetness and thoughtfulness and for some reason it feels even more special when it comes from your husband. i can't say enough wonderful things about him.

i will share just a little story. i came home last night to see hayden laughing to himself. it's an understanding that we have now that hayden does not appreciate groceries that say low fat or sugar. i like to keep dairy products with less fat, like butter, mayo, sour cream...those kinds of things. to me they all taste the same with the exception of low fat ranch (yuck). but, hayden insists that he can taste the difference, so i try to be very aware and buy the things that he likes to eat and cook with. so i kept asking him what's the big idea with the laughing? finally, he takes me upstairs to show that the bread and butter pickle slices that i bought him said in bold letters NO SUGAR ADDED. how did i miss that? sometimes i think i must live inside my own little world of not paying attention to the details. i do this kind of stuff to hayden all the time without ever realizing it until i see the look on his face when it happens. i was wondering how many other things that i completely miss out on being in my own world. i appreciate that for now he finds it endearing as opposed to annoying.

we read a book lately called The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. i recommend it. i like to see the things that other people are reading and recommend, so i will recommend this one and maybe some of you will enjoy it and learn something from it if you come across it. this book definitely puts life into perspective. i am going to make a point to go to the library to check out more books. reading is probably one of my favorite things to do and i don't do it enough. i am making a commitment to books this year. i also have yet to finish the last harry potter. i adore these books, and for some reason i have avoided finishing it because it was the last of a series that i am not ready to say goodbye to. i know it sounds weird, but i love those books, a lot.

i am hoping to find some time to post some photos and say a few words about the wedding events, the honeymoon, rosie's fourth of july wedding, and another wedding weekend in san diego. beginning on monday i am downgrading to a four day work week and three day weekends. getting up in the 6 o'clock hour sounds terrible, but free friday's sound glorious. so we will see if i can pull the long work days off. it is going to be difficult with my natural energy level already being sub par.

peace.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I am glad that you are back to blogging, I always enjoy reading your posts. I do want to see pics of Rosie's wedding and Emily's. I totally understand about the low-fat,low-sugar thing, Taylor is the same way. I don't think I had ever eaten real butter in my life before marrying him. I have started keeping a little jar of Country Crock for myself because I like it's spreadability. Remember when we used to have Country Crock in our dorm room, you were the one who introduced me to that goodness.

Holly Grant said...

Ok, Sam's remark about the "spreadability" of Country Crock is hilarious!
I have wanted to read "The Last Lecture" for awhile. I will have to get it now that it comes recommended. If you have not read "The Kite Runner" or "A Thousand Splindid Suns," do it.
Great to see you guys!