Friday, September 19, 2008

i think i did it again

i blogged earlier about not paying attention to details. it seems to be happening the most often in super markets. i was able to have a lovely lunch with hayden and thought it would be nice to take him out today since he has been eating sandwiches at home for months now. we are on a budget. any way, i was going to head to the store to pick up a few things and finally refill a very important prescription while i was there. don't worry, just my inhaler. i just now have insurance again. so hayden asked me to pick up some lipton cold brew iced tea. shouldn't be a problem. so i head to the store, refill my prescription, gather a few groceries in my green bags and head home. i left some of the things on our kitchen counter and when hayden came home today he started laughing and said, "i thought you were going to get the cold brew?" i rushed in there to defend myself and explained, "i did! i even looked for the label and it said...." at this time i grabbed the box only to find that it did not any where on the box say cold brew. all it said was iced tea. in my mind i guess seeing iced meant cold thus, i had a laughing husband on my hands. you would think a girl would learn. he insists it is cute. i'll take it.

on a much more positive note, hayden is growing a beard again. maybe sometime this fall hunky mustache man will make another appearance. i'm counting on it.

1 comment:

annalee said...

i totally understand. i have had one too many of those oops situations myself. it always seems to make sense in my head!
and wow, that mustache is way impressive!!!